Monday, May 21, 2012

Final Blogpost - Liana

This project ended up being so much more than I thought it would be.  Initially I really didn't want to do this project and I wished that we continued learning physics concepts like the other physics classes.  As the project progressed, I definitely changed my mind.  The backpack hook idea ended up being very successful, and I'm glad we were able to install them.  I actually think that it was a good thing that our first plan failed.  The failure of that plan caused our group to work together more and really focus on succeeding in the project.  We became determined to find and address a problem in a few short weeks, before the final presentation.  I learned the importance of communication within a group.  Without communication, this project really would not be possible.  Our group didn't always agree on certain ideas, and we had to work together to carry out our ideas.  In addition to communication, this project taught me the importance of persistence.  When a conflict comes up, the answer is not to give up, but it is to persevere.  When times get rough, then you just need to work harder.  Finally, I learned that physics really is all around us.  We just didn't know it because we were unaware of the physics concepts.  Through the use of physics, we can solve real-life problems.  Honestly, I wouldn't change this activity.  At first I didn't like it, but that's because I was in the process of learning the lesson.  I didn't understand that all the difficulty and conflicts that I was going through would teach me a few life lessons.  It's good that it is a random group assignment because it taught us to work with people that we aren't as comfortable with, and that's life.  I didn't really feel like it was science for a while until we had to state the project's relation to physics and collect and analyze the data.  Overall, this was a great project and I encourage other students to do this project with an open mind and hopefully improve our school in the future. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment