Monday, May 21, 2012

Bag Hooks Final Blog Post





Overall this project was quite an experience. I learned to work cooperatively as a group, and also efficiently. This project I thought benefited our schools, by trying to make the environment a better, more efficient place for us as students, as well as faculty. Things that went well in this project, was the teamwork. Throughout the course of this project we learned to work together, to get the project done. We communicated efficiently, and we notified each other when it was their turn to do the blog, or which part they had to do on the written report.  The deployment of our project went good as well. It went smoothly, and we got what we needed to get done in a good amount of time. Things that did not go as planned, included the rejection of our first, and second proposition. What didn’t go as planned, was the late deployment because we had to change our ideas so much. Our first plan got shot down because we couldn’t get the proper paper towel rolls for the dispensers that we wanted to get. Our second idea which was to clean the boys bathroom of the vandalism was rejected as well, because the janitors beat us by cleaning the mess before we could get to it. Even though we had challenges along the way, we managed to work through it and get what we needed to get done, even if it was a day or two late. I learned that in order to complete a big project like this, it takes communication. Communication is key because without that factor, we wouldn’t have been able to get any work that we did complete, done. We worked together, and communicated to each other every night. We got the project done efficiently through the process of communication. Honestly I don’t think this activity needs to be changed at all. It’s purpose is meaningful, and the students are very hands on in this project which is good because it requires a lot of the student’s efforts. Initially it didn’t really dawn on me that what I was doing was science. I had to find the relationship of this project to science. Once I found that relationship, I finally found the connection to the purpose as to why we were doing this project in the first place. This project helped me broaden my view, and made me realize that in almost everything we do in life, there is some sort of connection to science. 

No comments:

Post a Comment