Monday, April 2, 2012

Blogpost #2 - The Lorax

I was surprised when I finished watching The Lorax because I enjoyed it and it actually had an important message.  The big picture involved industry, economy, and the environment.  In a world filled with constant depletion of natural resources, this movie is especially important.  It is a reminder that resources can run out.  If we aren't careful and we deplete our resources, then species can disappear.  In the movie, the Once-ler gradually cuts down all the truffula trees in order to craft "Thneeds" (an invention he thinks everyone will need).  The Lorax live in the truffula trees, and as the trees disappear, so do the Lorax.  Near the end of the movie, the Onceler gives the last truffula seed to the boy and tells him to plant it so that the fauna and Lorax are able to return.  Overall this movie is great for spreading environmental awareness.  It does a good job of capturing industries who are constantly using up resources to make a profit.  I think that after people watch this movie, they will be environmentally conscious and will refrain from wasting resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment